Archive for the Sushi Category
Himalayan Salted Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
This simple, basic Sushi recipe is easy to make, yet it will wow your guests with it’s mouthwatering, fabulous presentation & delicious flavor!
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Japanese sushi rice
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 250g smoked salmon, cut into long strips
- 6 Himalayan Salt Sushi presentation Blocks-refrigerated for 2 hours
1. Soak rice for 4 hours. Drain rice and cook in a rice cooker with 2 cups of water until done and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and immediately stir rice vinegar into the hot rice. Pour rice into a bowl & stir for 1 minute, making sure not to break up the rice. Spread rice on a plate until completely cool.
2. Place 1 sheet of seaweed on bamboo mat and spread a thin layer of cool rice on top, leaving about 1 cm of the seaweed uncovered at the top and bottom edge. (This will make sealing easier later.)
3. Dot a little wasabi across the rice and arrange cucumber, avocado and smoked salmon in a line, on the rice, about 2.5cm from the bottom edge of the seaweed.
4. Roll tightly from bottom to the top edge, with the help of the bamboo mat, dampening the top edge of the seaweed and pressing to seal. Repeat for remaining ingredients.
5. Cut each roll into 8 equal pieces, arrange on Chilled Sushi Presentation Blocks and serve.