Grilled Eggplant with Pink Sea Salt
Though Eggplant can be grilled, you must be sure not to overcook or undercook it as this will cause it to be bland or spongy. This recipe uses Pink Sea Salt Water solution to ensure a brown, crispy outside with a sweet, creamy inside and rich, full flavor!
Prep Time: 40 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp. pink salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 medium eggplants
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- Dissolve 2 Tbsp. salt in 1 cup warm water in a large mixing bowl, then add 3 quarts of cold water and set aside.
- Cut the Eggplant into ¾-inch thick diagonal slices and soak in salt water solution for 30 minutes. (Be sure to weigh the slices down with a plate to ensure that they are fully submersed in the salt water.)
- While the slices are soaking heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Drain eggplant and pat dry with paper towels, then place the slices on a large baking sheet or tray. Brush one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Lay the slices on the grill with the oiled side down. Grill with lid closed for about 5 mintues or until grill marks appear.
- Brush the tops with oil and sprinkle with salt, then turn slices over and grill until grill marks appear and the eggplant is soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.