Smoked Salmon Himalayan Salt Brine
This recipe is for a Smoked Salmon Himalayan Salt brine with loads of citrus flavor! The recipe will brine two salmon fillets & also works great for trout!
1/2 gallon distilled water
1/2 cup fine grain Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 (3 ounce) package dry crab and shrimp seasoning mix
Lemon Pepper to taste
Freshly ground Indian Black Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Parsley
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
2 lemons, sliced and crushed
1 orange, sliced and crushed
1/2 lime, sliced and crushed
1 small sweet yellow onion, sliced
1. Pour the water into a large bowl or pitcher. *Do not use a pot that contains aluminum.
2. Stir in the Himalayan Sea Salt, Indian Black Pepper, white sugar, brown sugar, lemon pepper, parsley and seasoning mix.
3. Add the soy sauce, lemons, oranges, lime and onion.
4. Soak your salmon in this brine for 8-12 hours.
5. Smoke using your favorite method.