Homemade Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels w/ Himalayan Sea Salt
These delicious, homemade pretzels are the perfect appetizer for parties and also make a wonderful late night snack!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, add extra if needed
- 1 package fast rise yeast
- 1 tsp. Fine Grain Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cup warm water (125 to 130 degrees F)
- 3 tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Sesame Seeds
- Course Grain Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Mix 2 cups flour, dry yeast and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water, oil and honey and beat until smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour (extra if needed) to make dough easy to handle.
2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F and Grease a cookie sheet.
4. Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into a rope about 17 inches long. Twist each rope into a pretzel shape and place on the cookie sheet. Brush pretzels with egg white and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and sesame seeds.
5. Bake about 15 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown and crust is crisp. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
6. Serve warm with your choice of mustard.