Wilted Lettuce Salad w/ Himalayan Sea Salt
This is a fresh, traditional southern farm salad which complements grilled meats perfectly! The salad get’s it’s unique flavor from the “wilting” process achieved with a hot Olive Oil mixuture and Himalayan Course Grain Salt.
- 2 Heads of Romain Lettuce, chopped into 2″ sections
- 2 Large Tomatoes, chopped into 1″ chunks
- 1 Large Cucumber, chopped into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, chopped into 1/2 strips
- 1 package Turkey Bacon or Baco-n Pieces by McCormick
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Course Grain Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Toss Lettuce, Tomatoes and Cucumber together in a large salad bowl.
2. Fry the onion in the Olive Oil until the onions are cooked then add
crumbled cooked Turkey Bacon or Baco-n Pieces, finish frying onions until mixure is hot.
3. Pour hot Olive Oil mixture over salad and toss again.
4. Sprinkle to taste w/Himalayan Course Grain Salt
5. Serve warm and enjoy!